I like to use cartoon whales in my DIY projects as they are adorable and easy to draw and cut. This project will make some lovely cartoon images from non-woven and frame into photo frame.
Materials and Tools:
- Non-woven fabric
- Sponge paper
- Cartoon eye patch
- Photo frame
- Lace scissors
- Wallpaper knife
- Remove the lining paper from the photo frame, refer to the lining paper size and cut out the same size of non-woven and thick cardboard. As shown in the figure below, use a wallpaper knife to cut the rectangle shape at the centre of the thick cardboard, leave the border of cardboard will be used next.
- Stack nicely the lining paper, non-woven, cardboard border in right order . Draw the shape of the little whale on the blue non-woven and cut it with scissors (You may search from internet, print it out on paper and place on non-woven and cut it referring to the print out).
- Add some decorative pattern by cutting out image from sponge paper and non-woven.
- Stick the decorative patch at the right position and prepare a cartoon eye patch.
- Stick the eye to the little whale, and decorate the upper space of the frame with stars and moon patches. Embelling with sequins will make the stars look more vivid.
- Use lace scissors to cut the shape of the waves on the blue sponge paper, stick with glue at bottom of the frame.
- After completing your preference decoration, put into photo frame and as a gift or hanging at your bedroom!